Thread: Movies and TV Ford vs Ferrari Movie
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
Looks good. Makes me think of my uncle's original '63 Shelby Cobra. I think it was a '63, anyway. Sold it a few years ago. Got 7 digits for it. He offered to let me drive it once. I didn't have the nerve. Had visions of some chick running a red and t-boning me. Kinda regret it
Wow! I remember when I was a kid, there was a Corvette Dealer in Raytown not too far from Fox Drug and Raytown Jewelry. They had an original AC in the parking lot for sale. I rode up there on my bicycle and asked the man how much the car was, and he said 75k. I remember thinking, jeez 75 thousand dollars! This was the early to mid 80's.

That one, and an original 289 AC Cobra that I have seen few times at the Fabulous Ford's show in Buena Park, CA, are the only "real" ones I have ever seen. I've toyed with the idea of building a Factory Five Kit, but I'm getting old and achy now.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.