View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #410
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I wonder Veech sees Jones as an important test case to show we're going to be the new Patriots. IE - draft picks need to know that if you want a giant second contract, after coming in as a draftee or vet, it's going to be elsewhere. If you're willing to stay on a perennial super bowl contender with a great coach on a team-friendly deal (like Watkins and Breeland just did), we're glad to have you.

If he blinks on Jones then it will be harder to sell that story in the future. But if we really hold the line and either Jones blinks, or he moves on - then rookies will know what to expect.

Maybe, how knows. But if so then it would mean this is more than just about Jones.
I don't think it was the pre covid plan. If that was Veech's plan he would have dealt him prior to the draft. I honestly think Veech wants to sign him to a 4 year deal but is uncertain about the cap in the next 2 years

Keeping Jones on the tag is risky. If he plays on it, he probably will sit on any strain or sprain...
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli