Thread: Movies and TV Aquaman Trailer
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #25
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.