View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #4727
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I did bitch about Mondesi non-stop because he was playing in the majors too early. I've always loved the kid, I was just not happy the organization rushed him when he clearly wasn't ready. I've said he wouldn't be ready until most likely 2018 when we threw him in the mix in the World Series in 2015 for some unknown reason and you all called me an idiot. Turns out, yeah, he wasn't ready afterall. Clearly. He hadn't ever had a large sample size in the minors showing he can hit until this year. He might finally be actually ready this September.

Here is how we rank in terms of WAR (which you know, includes defense) by position
Perez, 3rd at Catcher
Hosmer, 9th at 1B. 2.4 WAR.
Whit, 2nd at 2B. 3.1 WAR.
Moose, 19th at 3B. 1.4 WAR.
Gordon, 27th at LF. 0.6 WAR.
Cain, 6th at CF. 2.7 WAR
Bonifacio, 27th at RF. 0.5 WAR
Escobar, 56th at SS. -0.6 WAR.

Notice anything?

Last year, he was the 35th best SS by WAR. It was probably even worse than that actually, since he has the luxury of getting sooo many at bats to have the potential to push his WAR/value higher than those part time short stops getting 300 abs a year. He had an OPS that was 143rd out of 146 of everyday players.

His production has been a problem. If you believe otherwise, you are in denial.
Seems to me that he has a good approach at the plate for the last several weeks. IMO Escobar has been a better than average overall SS since the team started playing better overall.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.