View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #39
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Season 1 definitely let you know that Johnny wasn't the real bad guy. Season 2 felt like a transition. Focused on the kids, Johnny learning the difference between mercy and honor (and catching up with the times), and just building up to something more than the 30 minute fight scene. It has to come back to defeating Kreese. Regardless, I really can't see this series going longer than three seasons...four if they just feel the need to draw things out.
Someone above said they hope it goes after 3 seasons to keep it from jumping the shark.

Honestly, I think it already did. Every time there was a chance for nuance to a character, it just became more turning into the skid on cliche's like Robby's 'good kid in a tough spot' angle or Tori as a bad influence or Demitri becoming a badass in 2 weeks because of Nerd Power or something.

It just ended up being really forced and hackey in season 2. I just started cringing because you could see them telegraph the inevitable 'black/white' moment every episode when they had a chance to really make for an interesting story instead.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.