View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #3376
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, that wasn't as bad as being suggested.

That's a pretty typical wheel sort of route and if Williams can pull away from the LB, Mahomes puts it where he could catch it in stride and run. Yes, Kelce should've been the throw, but if it was drawn up for Williams if he's single covered, he got the look he wanted and made the throw.

Williams just didn't have the wheels to get there. Part of the problem was that he had his head turned the whole time and it slowed him up instead of just busting ass into his route and then locating the ball.
I'd have to go back and listen to the postgame interview, but I thought Mahomes said he was surprised that Williams was even there, i.e. it wasn't the route he was suppose to run. When he saw Williams, he thought he would let it fly. Even said he underthrew it and Williams saved him from an int with his play.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.