View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 01:07 PM   #83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right - that's always why these guys can't get traded.

I mean I guess Herbert could completely rip up his deal and figure out some way to convert those option bonuses into guaranteed salary that travels with him to his new team, but lord that would be complicated.

And frankly, if the option bonuses have already been paid for some reason (maybe they have and the cap hits are pro-rated out for accounting reasons; option bonuses have always been beyond my pay grade), even that wouldn't work. Those are set in stone.

Herbert's not getting traded.
Do the option bonuses not carry over to the new team? I would have assumed that they would but... I guess not. Over the cap says that they could do a post June 1 trade and save space but I don't know how that would work either. But a pre June 1 trade says the eat like 80 mil in dead cap.

Also, herbie has himself a no trade clause. So it's pretty well all mute regardless.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli