View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #52
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I agree with this take.

I watched the game looking at Biadasz and came away unimpressed. He didn't look at all strong or get much push. Too many times he would stand up and lean on his guy. He looked really slow and unatheletic.

The announcers talked up Oregon's OL in pregame so I watched them too. I didn't see a whole lot there to get me excited either. The strength of this year's OL draft is at tackle where we don't have a glaring need. I'm guessing if we go IOL this year it will be in lower rounds.
Let's not forget that Andy took a college LT and put him at C in Morse. Granted, Morse had played some C early in his college career, but Andy's not above a conversion project.

Maybe there's a T in this draft who's getting knocked as 'having short arms' but who was winning on strength/technique in college. That's a guy that Andy'd probably be willing to gamble on.

Not sure who that might be, but Reid's a creative cat who knows how valuable his QB is and will be turning over any rock he can to ensure he's protected.

EDIT: half-assed internet research turns up someone like Kevin Jarvis out of Michigan State. Appears to be pretty strong at the point of attack, should be available in the middle rounds and with a solid combine could test well enough to convince Andy he can play some of the zone concepts we'll utilize. May not be an immediate solution but could be the kind of value play we could try and see if he's able to unseat Reiter over the course of a season.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 01-07-2020 at 10:19 AM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote