View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #67
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Mentally I think lopsided TOP was a killer for Alex in both 2016-2017. He always looked flustered and in a hurry when taking the field (thinking of the Tampa Bay and Tennessee games, as well as the Steelers playoff loss). For Pat, I think it makes him a bit out of sync at times, but at the end of the game it just doesn't matter. He's putting points on the board.
Mahomes is the outlier. Rodgers and Wilson as well. Back in the day it was Montana. They just don't care.

But for the more normal human QBs the clock, how much time is left on it, is a real and palpable thing. I've watched dozens if not hundreds of QBs and teams get tight, lose their focus, whatever as they watched the clock winding down. Even coaches for that matter.

And Alex, yeah, I remember the Pats game and in one head shot you could see him actually clench his jaw right before he stepped into the huddle. The clock, among other things, was probably firmly in the front of his brain pan. Joe Montana would've cracked a joke right there.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote