View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I see this every day. I've passed up several gigs because I refuse to let "work" become "life".

There's a lot of people above me that make A LOT of money but they have no time to spend it, no one left to spend it with/on, and so on.

At some point one has to ask what they want out of life and what that means for work. I haven't experienced any burnout since I finally decided that work=work and nothing more.
I agree. I work like that now because I choose to. Mine is self driven and dictated to advance myself, so I can eventually reach a point where I can work less and my family is secure. Eventually retire early enough to work not at all.

If that's not what you're shooting for then it's time for some reflection because yeah, life is not work.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote