Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #547
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The old adage "The camera adds 10 pounds" should really be revised to "The camera adds at least 20 pounds".

I've run into Drew several times a year in the past 15 or so years and I have to say, she looks completely "normal" in person. She isn't a girl that anyone would think off-camera is "heavy", let alone, "fat".

It's really shocking to run into most of these people in person because for the most part, they're so freaking thin, they're almost anorexic! And it's not just the women, it's the men, too. Their faces are so gaunt, their legs soooo thin - it just doesn't look "natural" in real life.

For example, we have a close friend that's a commercial actress. In person, she looks like skin and bones - literally. She's very pretty and some would say -beautiful - but she's a stick figure. But when you see her on TV or FaceTime or Zoom - she's stunning and looks amazing.

Some people just look amazing on film while most of us (myself included - I HATE seeing pictures of myself or on video chat), just can't pull it off.
Ditto on pictures of myself. I started hating myself on any kind of film as a kid and never really grew out of it. I did finally reach the point where I accept pictures as a part of life as opposed to trying to hide from them. Though the worst is my voice. I literally cringe any time I hear myself and realize that is what other people hear and not the voice I hear.

Anyway, I realize the camera has a tendency to add pounds but, it looked like legit weight gain on SCD. So I went a googling and found this -

Quote:
The “Santa Clarita Diet” star told the story in a roundtable with other comedy actresses, such as Allison Brie, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Debra Messing. When “Divorce” actress Molly Shannon recalled an audition in which someone asked if she had gained “like a hundred pounds,” Barrymore was inspired to disclose her recent body-shaming experience.

Barrymore—who has two daughters, Olive, 5, and Frankie, 4, with her ex-husband Will Kopelman—recalled a woman coming up to her at a restaurant and telling her that she has “so many kids.” When Barrymore corrected her, informing her that she only has two, the woman gestured at the actress’s stomach, assuming that she has another on the way. That’s when Barrymore shut her down and told her that, no, she isn’t pregnant, she just gained weight.

“That happened to me recently,” Barrymore said. “I’d gained a bunch of weight, and I was in a restaurant, and a woman goes, ‘God, you have so many kids.’ And I was like, ‘Well, two.’ And she goes, ‘And obviously one on the way.’ I looked at her and, for the first time in my life, I go, ‘No, I’m just ****ing fat.'”
https://stylecaster.com/drew-barrymo...-fat-pregnant/

Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.