View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #69
It Goes On

You know, I can't really put my finger on what my real problem is. Do I want the camera time that they have? No, not really. Do I even have a problem with the costumes? To a point, yes, but if it's creative, then I can even get into that... to a point.
I think it originated with the fact that I started noticing guys doing this AFTER the Raider dorks (ArrowMan excluded) started getting national pub for doing it, and I thought it was a cheap ripoff. Then they started getting props from folks as "SuperFans," which I don't think they are. Are they super guys? I dunno... based off the charity work, they at least have their hearts in the right place. Are they as Super as fans as any number of the folks who have had their tickets for longer? Those who cheer loud in anonymity? As those who buy every Tshirt or signed pic they can find? No... I don't think they are, only because I see them looking for a camera or an autograph to sign every chance they get, rather than actually being there as a fan of the Chiefs.
To be honest there is only one main "SuperFan" who gets on my nerves. I won't say whom, because there's no point in starting that up. But I've seen him be a camera whore enough times that I know my comments aren't off base.
I understand I'm pretty much alone in my annoyance with all this, and there is no real point to taking the shots any further here, so I'll drop it. (for now) There are too many great conversations and things in common with folks on this board for me to already be coming out as the jackass (I'm sure that will come later).
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.