View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #24
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
What drives me crazy is Willie Gay Jr. is riding the bench because he is "raw" and needs to learn, but watching the All 22 makes me question if any of the veteran LBs know what the **** they are doing. There really isn't any harm playing him for like 10-15 snaps a game. I ****ing hate that it seems like the reason Hitchens is playing because of his contract. Because he is not a good LB.
The problem is that Hitchens rounded into form last year.

He was never great, but over the latter half he played pretty much exactly to that 'average, credible off-ball linebacker' level that I think we'd all pretty much find acceptable. Obviously not ideal, but tolerable.

So the staff doesn't want to bury him and prevent him from finding that form again.

And last week's game was so nip/tuck the whole way that any trial by fire could've proven disastrous had Gay just completely shit the bed on an assignment.

I get why the situation is what it is right now, but Hitchens can't have infinite rope, nor can Wilson. At some point those guys have to start playing better or we have to go get a veteran FA who can be in meetings for 4-5 weeks and maybe step in over the latter half of the season to replace one of these guys.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.