Thread: Mock (9/4)
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
__

You guys are all negative nancies. Let's talk about what this hypothetical offseason does:

As of now, we have five serious holes going into the 2018 offseason, in no order:

WR -- unless Conley shows up this year
OLB -- Hali is likely gone and Ford only has 2018 left on his deal
NT -- both of our NTs are walking, leaving only RNR
QB -- Smith & Bray are gone, leaving only Mahomes
CB -- hopefully we ink Mitchell, but we'll still need depth
both kickers -- Colquitt has lost some leg and is too expensive for our cap, and Santos is a free agent

Some of those are really hard to fill with the limited resources we have.

Fortunately, trading Smith and cutting/retiring DJ & Hali give us like $30m in cap space.

That allows me to secure Mitchell & Logan & Santos, ink a backup veteran at QB, and make one FA splash landing Jeffrey -- which again, makes our offense Super Bowl competitive.

That still leaves us with a gigantic hole at OLB, which I can fill by packing my two 2nds together (assuming of course that we get a 2nd for Smith, who just took our team to the AFCCG). I use a couple of my remaining picks to get the depth at CB our team needs and even add a potentially longterm backup QB.

The remaining picks I throw at special teams and a punter.

I've been mocking since roughly 2007 or so, and this is really the first time I've put together a roster like this and thought "wow, this is a Super Bowl caliber team."

But it totally is. We are just a couple pieces away and while we're on the doorstep this year, a strong offseason from Veach could ensure we get in the door.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.