Thread: Misc Durango, CO
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I'm pretty sure the early 1st generation was available with a 318 V8 and the RT version had a 360. Later on they switched to the 4.7L V8.
We had a 2nd gen with the 5.7 liter Hemi. It was a dealer demo deal. Didn't need it after my dad sold his boat but it would move.

Replaced it 12 years later with a 3rd gen 6 cylinder. I love the 6, we drove out to DC from Chicago on a tank of gas, it gets better mileage than my 3 series BMW and still has enough power to get up and down switch backs on the Lincoln Highway in Penn. My wife misses the power of the Hemi but I am happy with the 6. Didn't have any room to work in the engine compartment, will only need 6 plugs instead of 16. A year later still getting used to the auto shutoff at a complete stop, now have to hit a switch as we pull out of our suburb as it shuts off at the stop sign there. I leave it on if I am on a road with a lots of traffic lights but if I am just driving around our town I shut it off.

Last edited by KranzDictum; 07-27-2017 at 07:25 PM..
KranzDictum is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KranzDictum is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KranzDictum is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.