View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #64
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman
caving's interesting..best to take someone experienced or you can lost very very very easily

bp
I used to do a lot of caving in high school and college. One of the coolest, and largest, caves I was ever in was located in Madison County Wildlife Refuge. We had been down in the cave for about 2 hours, moving pretty much non stop. We got to a point, and the guy showing us around said, "You can actually swim out of the cave at this point if anyone wants to." Me and a couple of others said we were going to do it. It was pretty crazy because there were points where there was only about a foot or so of air space between the water and roof of the cave.

Anyway, we emerged from the cave in about 5 minutes of swimming, soaking wet, to a temperature of around 40F. We'd given all the rest of the group our car keys and such, so we were locked out of our cars and had to wait for 2 hours for them to make their way back out of the cave the way we'd gone in. Needless to say, we had 2 hours of misery to contemplate our poor decision making skills. No one got hypothermia or even sick, somehow.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote