Thread: Movies and TV PBS Vietnam War Documentary
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #43
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Musgraves story of survival was simply unreal, 5 or so different medics and surgeons looking him right in the face and basically saying 'not wasting my time, you're a dead man"

What a feeling that must've been for him
The first years of he war, The vast majority of men and women who fought in Vietnam were Honorable and truly thought they were serving to protect their country from a clear and present danger. After 1965-66 most started to question WTF we are doing there. As we find out later, they should have been, their leaders knew the war was unwinnable at that point.

Another new thing that upsets me is the racism the military put into the heads of these 18 year olds. As Musgrave said, paraphrasing, racism is essential to keep them killing in Vietnam. I know they are not doing that now, but it still is upsetting that we chose to do that to our 18 year old soldiers during that era.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.