View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #53
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsnap
our old house was on a skinny side street that many people would use as a short-cut into another neighborhood. I guess that many of the people thought that my yard was part of the street. One day I went out and bought some of those concrete pyramids and put them in the yard(about 1/2 foot from the street, no curb).

Later that evening, mrs. headsnap and I were watching TV when we heard a loud prolonged ka-thunk-thunk-ka-thunk. We looked out our window to see two of the pryamids down the street and a Lincoln Continental speeding down the street. We laughed, gathered up the pryamids, and went back to watching TV. About two hours later there was a knock on our door. There stood this old codger who was steaming mad, and out on the street there was his Lincoln attached to a tow truck. One of the pryamids apparently punctured his gas tank, and he lost all his gas while he was playing bingo.

He wanted me to pay for his gas tank. I 'explained' to him, that since he obviously was the one who thought my yard was the street, that he should be paying me for some new sod instead. He stopped by the house a few times in the next six months to give us the bill for his tank, all we could is stand there and laugh at the man.
That's classic! I just planted a nice hedge row this summer and people seem to want to walk through it on a regular basis. When it gets taller, I am going to string a single strand of wire through it with two posts anchoring it at each end. That should put and end to that story.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.