View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #135
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoman69 View Post
Give the classics a try, especially Troughton (limited episodes survived), Pertwee, and Tom Baker. Just a notice though, the production values were horrible and that was part of the charm of the show. I think it was a lot funnier than it is now.
I might go back at some point but it's a HUGE investment to sit down and watch all those episodes, there's a TON! Just finished up last night.. have to say the 50th and the 11th Doctor's death were pretty disappointing, though it was great to see Matt and David together bouncing off of each other and adding that missing part of lore between the old series and the new one.

Series 5 was probably the best large-story arc out of the whole new series. The rest of Matt Smith's run was kind of weak. Seemed like Series 6 and 7 were too focused on the large-story arc (River Song, Clara) which were largely uninteresting and didn't warrant being the sole focus of the show. I also feel like there were stronger single episodes under Tennant during Russel T Davies's run (coincidentally most those episodes were written by Moffat): The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Midnight, The Waters of Mars..

I gave Torchwood a try.. couldn't make it past the 2nd season

Last edited by Ragged Robin; 01-28-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.