View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #335
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
As usual, we're in lockstep.

The whole Clowney scenario is predicated on 1) freeing up enough cap room; 2) his offers continuing to evaporate or be lowball (in his mind) offers, to the point that he says screw it, I'm going to go prove the haters wrong and get the big bag, rather than the biggest bag I can get right now.

1 year, $18M from Seattle (where he will get doubles on every single passing down)

or

1 year, $10M from Kansas City, with heavy incentives ($1.5 million incentive if they win the SB, $1.5 million incentive if he has 15 sacks, $500k if he makes the Pro Bowl, $3M if he's defensive player of the year, etc).

That's a scenario I can try to sell if I'm the GM. I can tell him if he stays healthy and plays his butt off, he'll get a SB ring, rack up a bunch of sacks, and position himself better for the huge deal he's seeking.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1