Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #327
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that the pilot and possibly the series, are completely unnecessary and in terms of overall quality, shit.

I though that Green was awful. She rushed her lines and didn't portray any emotion. I understand that she was raised Vulcan but I found her performance to be cold. Michelle Yeoh's accent may throw some people off but I found her to be far more believable than Green.

And Klingons, again? They keep changing the back story and I found their language and subtitles to be comical. This is what ignites the war with the Klingons? Blech.

Also, the technology was so far advanced from the TOS and the series that followed that it made it simply ridiculous for me to believe. I think CBS and Paramount would have been better off setting this program in the 26th or 27th century or have it set right after First Contact.

I just can't buy into it.
I'm already bored and uninterested in the setting of this series in terms of the timeline. Grateful that it's in the prime universe, but it may as well be in the JJ Abrams universe with the technology anachronisms. At least they TRIED to talk about how limited the technology was in Enterprise. Here I can't tell if it's the 23rd century or the 24th century.

Prequels suck. They don't explore strange new worlds or seek out new life and new civilizations. They're basically there to make money. That's about it.

I think it DOES shed some light on why CBS was so pissed off about Axanar, though. Axanar was doing shit they wanted to do (the pre-Kirk Klingon War). Wouldn't surprise me if they completely lifted sections and plot ideas from that Prelude to Axanar video. If this happens it will remind me a bit of when the creator of Babylon 5 went to Paramount with the mapped out Babylon universe, they said no to his show idea, but then created DS9 instead which ripped off enormous segments of that Babylon script. Granted, DS9 is infinitely better than Babylon 5, but it's still kind of shady.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.