View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #72
Stroking to the SB Champs!

It’s pretty simple for me:

1. I Spend my time focusing on the things that I Love - primarily my Family. They’re the focus of almost everything I do. They’re always first in my life. My kids are in College, but nothing has changed. I do whatever I can to be a part of their lives, and to be there whenever they have time for me. With my wife, we’re learning to create a new life for ourselves without kids around 24-7. It’s challenging, but we are committed to being there for each other.

2. I Take time to appreciate the beauty of life, and to be thankful for what I have. Generally speaking, I take 10-15 mins every day, usually EARLY in the morning, and I meditate. I clear my mind and allow myself to feel good about all the blessings in my life. I don’t allow the negative to come into my mind. It’s so relaxing, so peaceful. The perfect start to my day.

3. Exercise. Honest to God, without exercise, life would be tough for me. I set up small goals each week to accomplish. Nothing major, but something to achieve. Some days it’s just 20 mins on the bike, and other days it’s 60 mins of cardio and weights. But I get up and sweat every day. There’s nothing that charges my batteries more than that.

4. I stopped hanging out or surrounding myself with negative people. I don’t like moping and being an asshole. I’m 53 years old. I don’t want to spend what’s left of my life being a miserable prick because of the company I keep - ChiefsPlanet peeps excluded

5. Last but not least - make life bigger than yourself. Everyone has talents that they care share, so share them! Volunteer your time with people that need help. Yeah, it can be uncomfortable, but volunteering helped me make sense of my own life. It feels so good to bring happiness to others, when your only reward is a smile. I love my job, but I’m not making the world a better place by what I do. Volunteering gives me that sense that I’m actually helping and contributing. It’s chicken soup for the soul.

You can do this, Mecca. The first step is your willingness to make some changes. If you can’t find the willingness to do it for yourself, then do it for the ones that love you the most. They’ll appreciate it, and you’ll begin to find purpose in life once again. Good luck!
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote