View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 07:31 PM   #37
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Can someone please help me understand the Marquise Brown love? In five NFL seasons, he has been healthy for two, barely cracked a thousand yards once. I get that he can make some big plays, but is <1 big play per game average really worth 4/70? Especially when MVS has a similar number of big plays in fewer receptions each year?

I guess I just struggle to get enthusiastic about Brown, and I don't really see where everyone's hype comes from.
1. He missed 3 games in 3 years in Baltimore. Out of like 54 total. So, he was a generally healthy player until he was shipped to play home games on the garbage field in Arizona.

2. He's not just a big-play guy and not a Valdes-Scantling replacement. They wouldn't be paying him to just run deep routes and be a deep threat. They'd be bringing him in to use him like they used Hill (and planned to use Toney this year).

3. The hype comes from him being a generally productive player when healthy, who can beat guys deep, make guys miss in the open field, and who catches the ball really well. His career drop rate is like 4%, which is really good. And for a little guy, he's surprisingly good in contested catch spots.

4. Of the guys likely to ACTUALLY hit FA (Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley being the other 2 in his tier), he's the youngest and offers the most opportunity to provide more value than the contract he signed.

All things equal, if it were me, I'd go hard after Mike Evans and try to make that happen, if possible. But I think the Chiefs are more likely to covet/target/get Brown.

Basically, if you like Zay Flowers and would like to have Zay Flowers on the Chiefs, you should be interested in Brown.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote