View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #36
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
I had never heard of Ward, but as soon as we made the deal I watched college tape on him and you could see the potential. Not sure what the Cowboys were thinking on this one.
The Cowboys had a logjam of corner talent at the time. Jerruh knew Byron Jones was fast approaching the end of his deal, but he got greedy for the short term and tried to turn a profit on a lottery ticket that might not even be good. I can certainly understand that strategy-- the Chiefs in the past have attempted to hide dudes on the practice squad in the past and gotten screwed when other teams picked them up (David Irving, Bradley McDougald, etc). It would have been nice if we at least had gotten some kind of cheap compensation via trade instead of just seeing them produce elsewhere.

What doesn't make sense to me is why Jerruh chose Parker Ehinger. I mean, Ward has been such a success that we could have given the Cowboys a 3rd round pick, and at the time it would have been facepalm worthy but in the end we still probably would have come out on top of that deal. Instead, we gave up a nobody we were going to cut anyway.

Sure, it was viewed as depth for depth, but the upside Ward had? The Cowboys knew what he could have the potential to be. Were they that in love with Ehinger? The fact we were going to cut Ehinger, much less plug him in at starter, had to at least cause them to pause for a bit.

Honestly, it was kind of an epically stupid trade for the Cowboys at the time, not even with the benefit of hindsight.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote