View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'm not saying throw him away. I'm just not handing him a starting spot.

I think in this modern NFL, in which the ball typically comes out fast, interior line is going to be a more valued asset than in the past. Fifteen years ago? Yeah, you don't draft an interior lineman in the first. Now? Look at how much poor interior line play screws up our offense. Look at the effect it has on Mahomes. Look at the effect it has on our running game. Damien Wilson looked just fine down the stretch last year; this year he looks like shit. What's different? Interior line play.
There's alot of value in drafting collegiate tackles that aren't quite good enough to be 1st round guys and stay out on the edge in the NFL in the 2nd round or later. The Packers are a case-in-point on this strategy.

I do agree on interior line play being critical now days, but tackles remain premium because edge rushers are faster than ever.

The center class is extremely weak this year. Last year it was really strong. If I'm KC, I probably target a guy like Glasgow in FA as a Center and draft a Guard prospect day 2.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote