View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Rankin just wasn't a dumpster fire like Wylie. I don't think that means we ought to be holding a starting spot for him.

We need the entire inside rebuild. LG-C-RG.

They're collectively awful. Our OT situation is decent.
Yeah, the collective CP assertion that Rankin is clearly starter material is...odd.

I mean, there's little question we can find these exact posts about Wylie and Reiter from last year. And both of those guys had FAR more exposure last season before they came off the rails this year. And in the process I think Wylie actually looked better last season than Rankin did this season (I'm not sure I understand when Rankin became so good).

I think Rankin's performance in a short span is 1) being overstated a bit and 2) being given too much weight anyway given that he's suffered a significant knee injury and the last G we had who's' knee blew out (Ehinger) never recovered.

No - they can't bank on Rankin, IMO. And Reiter HAS to go. But regarding Biadasz, I can't see anything to call him a better prospect than Bradbury was a year ago. And while Bradbury has gotten better, he was rooouuuuugh over the first half.

So I'm not saying that Biadasz isn't worth keeping an eye on, but I don't think he's a panacea or sure thing in his own right. Honestly, the situation is just so damn bad in there (especially with LDT costing far more than he's worth) that I'm struggling to find a way to resolve it in a single offseason short of some big time luck in the draft.

If the Chiefs could luck into a Larry Warford type of guy in the 3rd round, that would just be aces. Gimme a nice young rookie C, a 2nd round RB (I think that's where the value is in this draft) and Warford 2.0 in the third, then a solid TE2 who can bring our 12 personnel up a notch (as we run that the 4th most in the league), and I'd be juuuuust fine with that draft.

The "WE NEED A CORNER!!!!" crowd would have kittens, but the amount of pressure that would take off Mahomes would just be immense.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote