Thread: Mock 11/29/19
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
That’s fair. What numbers would you guys be comfortable re-signing him?
If I'm the Chiefs at this point, I think I'm only resigning him if I see signs through the end of the year that he can be effective as a big end ala Calais Campbell and keeping my big interior run stuffers as they are. He can flex down inside on obvious passing downs and put a quicker edge player out there with him. Obviously, I don't reflect that thought here in this mock because I try to not put things just in my perspective all the time. If he is effective out there, then the 4 for 70 I have here is probably my max. If I'm going off Campbell, his contract was 4 for 60. Adjusting that for two years inflation of 7% is 68.7.

What I tried to do in this mock was play around with the thoughts that the Chiefs could re-sign Jones and still do some things. I think they can, but my version relies on KC cutting Hitchens, which is something they may not do. Playing with it did give me some perspective. The players don't all have to be the same, nor the choices on how to go about filling holes. There's enough money there to do what should be done if they choose to do it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.