Thread: Mock 11/29/19
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Probably.

I wouldn’t necessarily hate that though either. He could teach the kid how to be a serviceable QB and trade that fool.

You comment about Jones wasn’t anything ground Breaking obviously but it got me to thinking, I like him out there. Since he’s shown the flexibility to do it well, I’m thinking that increased his value to us, despite maybe lowering his production on the big explosive plays.

Plus him not throwing a fit about the money has endeared himself to me.

Am I off base here?
Mariota is exactly the sort of guy you want to spend a little to bring in on something like a 3 year deal behind Pat to rehab and trade.

And I think Chris Jones is going to make this board completely bipolar come the offseason. While I like his ability to generate a pass-rush, his freelancing and assignment breakdowns are a major thorn on how Spagnulo wants to run his system. And his system is super dependent on guys doing their roles as expected vs a werthers Defense of "eh yeah **** it, just do something or something."

I think there's possibility that he brings more value to this team as a trade asset than a long-term asset. While I'm sure posters will line up to shout this down all day and night long on how he's just irreplaceable!!!! I think a tag and trade on Jones is exactly what one of the smarter F.O.'s would do.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote