Thread: Movies and TV 4k TV
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
TCL model 43s405 is the one I've been watching. While it doesn't get great overall marks for normal tv viewing its getting really good reviews when using it for gaming.
As long as you understand that you are going to have a generic 4K set with drawbacks such as hard to see in bright surrounding, picture desegregation an angle and the need for an external sound unit due to crappy sound. But if what you want is a streaming set with a nice picture and gaming capabilities for low$$$ this looks like the set

I do question the 43" vs the 49" unit as I only see a few bucks difference.

I would certainly be advised that this is a HDR compatible unit (NOT HRD) so you will be able to use HDR sources but not get all the benefits. I doubt this is an issue.

With Best buy at $349 for the 49" (49S405) unit with conditional price match you may pick one up and price match it with no hassle.

As long as you know you are getting a basic 4K TV for a kids dorm room it's be fine.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.