View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 09:51 PM   #127
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's just so damn unique, I really struggle to even speculate how he'll develop.

The frustrating thing is that it may just come down to how he's officiated. I just can't see the guy building an "NBA Body" - he's so damn slight. If officials allow people to body him, he'll struggle.

It's why I ultimately struggle a little with the 'best prospect since James; maybe top 5 of all time' stuff. There's just a lot that's completely unknown and enough that's somewhat out of his control.

Obviously the easy and somewhat lazy comp is Durant, but I feel like Durant was more explosive. And being less tall that Wembenaya helps him a little in that the dribble just isn't going to be as exposed on those drives. And I don't feel like he can develop the build to be an Anthony Davis sort offensively or defensively. Maybe I'm wrong - he's really young. But it's not like Durant ever really filled out a ton. Giannis is a thought stylistically but Giannis had a pretty steep learning curve in his own right and again, seems more suited physically for the pro game.

Is he as crazy and competitive as Garnett? Has the league gotten more accustomed to Euro-style players like Doncic and Porzingis?

Man, I'm at a complete loss with the kid. I mean he's going to be a very good player for a very long time. But the bar seems to be "Hall of Fame - inner circle or just another guy?" and man I am really hesitant there because the kid's just different.
To me it comes down to his ability to stay healthy. Even if a guy gets physical with him, as long as he doesn't crumble like a wet paper bag, he'll be a viable player. If he can't stay out of the tub, it will be the failure.

To me it goes like this. With what I'd perceive as probabilities

Worst (25%): He's in the tub. Compounding serious injuries, awful.

Mediocre (5%): He doesn't get materially better but is available. Middling player.

Good (55%): He develops some skills and savvy and is a good player.

Great (15%): He's got that **** you gene and gets into the lab and is a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Porzingis looked great for them.

Not many dudes on the planet have that combination of size and shooting.
If he can stay healthy, the Celts are going to be a tough out. They still can't throw competent bodies at Jokic, which I think it's how they get beat barring injuries.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.