View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #683
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
How does a team "Luck" into getting to the Championship of their sport? Especially if they're just "jobbers"? Did they really "Luck" into winning as many games as they did when at one point during the season their 1st string goalie was out for 2 months and they so many injuries in in that position they were using their 4th string goalie? Is it "luck" that they kept beating teams that were suppose to smash them like a fly, Winnipeg in particular? Its "Luck" to win this many games in the postseason so quickly that they could break yet another record by winning the Cup in under 19 games?? Thats Luck?? Hmmm.
Well I guess its better to be lucky than good.
Ignore the troll, everyone else does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
I hear you regarding competing with another team, but when we drafted those players, everyone said what a shitty job McPhee did and how we were gong to be the worst team ever and those players sucked and were a bunch of nobodies and they were used up and washed up. Now we here from everywhere that we benefited from the draft, that we got an all star team and everything is rigged for us. What happened to bad draft,m terrible players and lucky to win 20 games?? ( im not speaking directly to as much as I am to all the haters)
Hyperbole aside, I'm guessing maybe local media has played up the inferiority complex angle? Or maybe you're concentrating on the idiots too much. I don't remember seeing anything about how they'd be the worst ever, especially considering Fleury... and anyone who did should have at least given them credit for stocking draft picks and looking towards the future.

IMO, they had a relatively easy path to the Finals, but it's not like that discredits them... and of course, it's not like they backed into the playoffs or anything. I haven't really seen anyone pumping them up to be more than they are as far as saying they stole a bunch of all stars (NBC/NBCSN-wise, mostly)... of course, in hindsight people will say they did a masterful job, and they should.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.