View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #680
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
How does a team "Luck" into getting to the Championship of their sport? Especially if they're just "jobbers"? Did they really "Luck" into winning as many games as they did when at one point during the season their 1st string goalie was out for 2 months and they so many injuries in in that position they were using their 4th string goalie? Is it "luck" that they kept beating teams that were suppose to smash them like a fly, Winnipeg in particular? Its "Luck" to win this many games in the postseason so quickly that they could break yet another record by winning the Cup in under 19 games?? Thats Luck?? Hmmm.
Well I guess its better to be lucky than good.
I wouldn't say they lucked into anything, but they definitely benefitted from generous expansion rules. As a Wild fan, it does make me a little bitter than the Wild and Blue Jackets had to compete for/split 4th liners at best, while Vegas got their own draft, comprised of MUCH better talent.

That said, it's been a fun story. Enjoy the ride!
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.