View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 12:51 PM   #111
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
I havent read anything about them since I'm not building right now but I would imagine lower tier boards will start around $90-100 and the higher tier boards will be around $150.

When I build I start piecing things together if I see a sale, but I only buy things that I can test that they are working with what I already have. I'll buy the case, PSU, GPU, SSD/HD, and fans. I'll buy the motherboard, CPU, and memory all at once because I have no way of testing those to make sure everything is working.
That is good advice. Generally you have a 30 day return window with parts without hassel, so it's a good idea to buy everything together so you can complete the build and verify everything is working ok. If you're beyond the 30 day return window, then you have to deal the manufacturers RMA process, and that is much slower.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.