Thread: Movies and TV Deadwood
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I watched it last night. I have never seen the series. Not that I didn't want to, I just never wanted to pay for a subscription to HBO. I thought the movie was decent. It is a little odd how everyone cusses a lot. That just doesn't seem right to me. And the dialogue was a little strange at times. But overall, I enjoyed it.

Yeah, for the person who hasn't watched the series it is a tad confusing. Milch wrote the script to mimic an early era victorian Shakespeare play (sort of). I don't care for the constant cursing - bit honestly, I don't believe it would have been as powerful without it.

What I did, however like, was that the show allowed the characters to "let everything go" and act. Ian McShane (in my opinion) is one of the finest Actors alive today and "Deadwood" proves it. It is rough, crude and sometimes hilarious....I would highly encourage you to purchase the series and watch it from the beginning.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.