Thread: Chiefs Thoughts on the AFCCG
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #135
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
I'm old enough to have watched all of the Bird era Celtics, and then watch them fall into oblivion for over a decade, and old enough to have seen MANY years of the "Curse of the Bambino" Red Sox, including Bill Buckner through the legs. I know that this era will end, and I will never see a Patriots team this good for this long again. Hell, I will likely never see the Patriots win another SB again after BB/Brady retire. I'm ok with it, though, as this run has been far more than I ever could have hoped for. But yeah, perspective -- I have it, believe it. I'm not so young...

Perhaps, but Bill Russell is the greatest winner in team sports history, with 14 championships in 15 years. 11 NBA, 2 college and a Gold Medal. NOBODY will ever duplicate that, I suspect.

Comedy gold then. The Patriots have set the following records during this run:

1. Most appearances in the Super Bowl by any NFL Team ever (BB/Brady are going to their 9th. No other TEAM in their entire history has been to more than 8).

2. Most wins in a decade.

3. Most wins over 2 decades

4. Most conference championships in a decade, or 2 decades.

5. Most conference championship appearances.

6. Most conference championship appearances in a row.

7. Most playoff wins

8. Most Super Bowl appearances.

9. Most Super Bowl victories during a single dynasty period (tied)

If that's not a dynasty, there is no dynasty. As for the scandals, spare me. The relentless winning prove how utterly absurd the NFL was in inventing scandals to dethrone the Patriots.

Joe MOntana went 4-0 in SBs in an era where the AFC SUCKED. The AFC lost like 14 SBs in a row to NFC teams! He lost in the NFCCG 49-3 once, and was one and done three times in a row. In your formula, it would be BETTER for Montana to get smoked 49-3 in the NFCCG than to win that game and then lose in the Super Bowl. That makes sense to you?

I watched TONS of football in the 80s and 90s. There is no reason at all to suggest that Brady isn't as tough as Drew ****ing Bledsoe and Dan Marino and Dan Fouts and Phil Simms and the other statue QBs of that era. Literally nothing. He's taken all the hits and gotten back up to keep crushing teams, time and time again. It's a joke to suggest he isn't tough.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.