View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #81
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
Salvador Perez is untouchable to this franchise. No one since George Brett has been more of a face for this franchise. No team could offer near enough.

Yeah, it would have to be an enormous overpay by whoever was doing it, and I don’t think that deal is out there.

The Yankees don’t have a spot for him. The Red Sox don’t really need that from the C spot.

The Dodgers are set at C. So are the Giants. The Angels have a great defensive guy back there.

Hard to find the combination of need and competition and farm system that could pay the piper. Just don’t think it exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouth View Post
Perez turns 28 in May. In two years ( 2020 ) he'll turn 30. In my opinion, catchers don't age well and he seems to be hurt a couple times a year as it is. Who is the best catcher in the minors that could replace him in 2020 or 2021?

MJ Melendez, who is four years away, minimum. Chase Vallot and Meibrys Viloria are both higher in the minors than him but neither is performing all that well.

You could probably roll with Gallagher as a stopgap for a year, but two would be a real big stretch.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.