View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #783
Starter

recipe for brisket from heaven

This recipe never fails to deliver. Rewarming in the juice/sauce mix is what sets it of from typical. Slice beef as thick or thin as you want, add juice/sauce to make it as sloppy as you want. Never skip the finish in the oven.

Whole, untrimmed brisket. Season as you wish. Don't forget the garlic.

Bullet smoker (or what have you), naked on the top grill for 2 hours. Assault it with smoke: I use hickory and oak to start, and finish with green wood from the yard: cherry, apple, and/or peach. But whatever you have works.

Put in a roasting pan with a basting of dry, red wine for steam and cover. Six hours low and slow on the Weber, opening cover on roasting pan last 2 hours for browning.

After 6 hours, move to indoor oven at 225 for 2 or 3 more hours covered.

Remove from oven. Cool until able to handle. Separate juice from meat. Trim fat from brisket. Refrigerate juice and meat separately.

Next day: slice brisket thin or to liking. Heat juice (don't forget to remove congealed fat). Depending on concentration of juice, reduce or dilute to preferred thickness. Add Bbq sauce to juice, 50/50. (I use a mix of Gates original and KC Masterpiece original, 40/60).

Layer brisket in a 13 x 9, top with juice/sauce mix, repeat as necessary. Cover and heat at 250 until warmed through. Eat. Remember to thank me later.
excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.excessive is not part of the Right 53.