Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 09:58 AM   #99
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Taylor has never had a snap in college or the pros at LT. I still think the idea of moving him is absolutely ridiculous but that's DJs thing haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Yeah I don't get it. He's a pretty fluid athlete but I'm not sure that means it's worth dicking him around trying to wedge him in at LT
It was just something I was positive we'd do last season before we signed Smith.

Now it's just something I'm willing to keep an open mind on given that we appear to have a draft fairly deep with RT prospects but a little less so at LT. Guys with shorter arms or slower feet that may not be great on the left side but sure seem to have good tools for RT.

Whereas Taylor has the length, feet and athleticism to play LT.

As we often discuss at LT, there's just not a lot of guys that have the physical tools to play on an island out there. Taylor doesn't have the experience, but he does have the tools.

And there's a solid chance that the guy we're looking into picking at 32 is lacking one or more of those 'left tackle' sort of tools.

I'm just saying don't pass on a guy like Morgan because you think he's a RT long-term. Because I think you MIGHT have a solid transition candidate in Taylor who would allow us to take someone like Latham or Mims or Morgan and get strong year 1 contributions from them.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.