Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #4774
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don't know much about guns, but I have been looking into getting one, or more, for self-defense purposes. Better to have and not need..

I've already determined that I'll get a 12 gauge at some point for home defense. Seems like the Remington 870 is cheap, easy to maintain and perfect for what I'm looking for.

But lately I've been considering pistols as well.

I like the look of the 1911. From my understand, it was once military issue so I'd imagine they're pretty reliable. What's CP's opinion on them? Obviously I will shoot one myself to see how it feels, just curious about opinions.

Also, revolvers. What are the advantages/disadvantages of revolvers vs semi-autos? Any particular revolver CPers prefer to others? FTR, I think I'd prefer one with a shorter barrel.
If you're inexperienced, then a simple shotgun would be your best bet for sure. Can't go wrong with the 870.

For pistols, I'd recommend looking up local shooting ranges. Many will rent guns on location, so you can try a few different ones and see what works for you. I'm not a huge fan of the 1911 outside of nostalgic purposes. 7 round mag, so you don't have a ton of capacity. But if it's just for a home defense gun that you'll likely never have to use, it's not that big of a deal. Whatever you get, just practice with it a bunch and focus on safe handling.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.