View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 12:41 AM   #8
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
This wasn't the woods, but definitely a middle of nowhere story. I was driving from Missouri to Norfolk back in my Navy days - back before I-64 went all the way through and, for a time, you had to take US Highway 60 through the mountains east of Charleston, WV. I was headed east on straight, flat stretch of 60 before it got hilly and nasty, about 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. As I was driving, I saw a guy lying on the side of the road. Not sprawling or bloody or anything - just lying there like he was asleep. No other cars, no lights from nearby homes, no nothing. It was a moonless, pitch black night. I slowed down as I approached. The guy didn't move. I was alone, unarmed, and this was years before everybody had a cellphone. Part of me wanted to stop and check on him, and had it been light out I probably would have. But the other part said **** THAT, and the **** THAT part won. Maybe he was hurt; or maybe was lying there waiting for some idiot to stop so he could waylay him. Maybe he had some buddies waiting in the brush nearby. Didn't want to end up being the star of some midnight Deliverance scene, so I hit the gas and went on my way.

When I got to a town with an open gas station, I told the attendant what I saw and he called the local police. I continued on my way. I have no idea who the guy was, or what became of him.

That's a gnarly story - I dig it. I have one that happened on Valley View Rd and Woods Chapel in Blue Springs I'll post later on this afternoon as I'm knee deep into this flick right now.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote