View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 07:34 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
There's a couple obstacles here, I think.

Obstacle #1 is that we don't have many draft picks to start with. If kccrow is to be believed, we're going to be loaded in the late rounds. But we won't have jack other than our original picks in the 1st-4th. And it may not seem like it, because our stars have stayed pretty healthy, but this team is lacking for depth, hard. And it's because we keep trading draft capital rather than spending it.

So I can see the Chiefs flipping 7ths for flyers on players -- that's really what you should be looking for, based on Veach's tendencies. The guy loves reclamation projects, so if there's a high-value guy that's completely disappointed, Veach may trade for him.

2nd problem I see is that the Chiefs are going to be hurting for talent at DE and WR entering this offseason, and it wouldn't shock me to see Veach spend 2023 picks to move up and get a talented player at those positions in the 1st. So I see our most valuable picks not as trade bait, but as tools to help us move up in the draft.
Loaded being 4 7th round picks if the comp estimate is correct.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.