View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
What I'm saying is is that they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand they want to do a reboot, but on the other they want to draw in as many of the old fans as possible. So instead of having a clean reboot, you say "Actually this is a divergent timeline - all the old stuff still exists." This kind of distinction is very important to some Trek fans.
"They" are JJ Abrams, not Paramount.

I went to the premiere of the film at Arclight Hollywood back in 2009. At least half the audience was dressed in original series uniforms and everyone seemed to have a great time but of course, any fan base is going to have criticisms from the hardcore fans because it's just impossible to make everyone happy.

I didn't really have a problem with the 2009 reboot and IIRC, the third movie was pretty decent. But they could have trotted out the entire original cast and people still would have been pissed off.

Again, it's impossible to make every fan happy.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote