View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #478
MY LITTLE #15

Posted this in another thread, but maybe it will get some more discussion in here, as the other thread is more for technical talk.

Long story related to family drama (aka my brother)...

Short history on my older brother. Ex-con, pathological liar, self-centered, would rather be homeless than hold down a job. He's 47 and, until he went to DC last September, lived with my mom and stepdad.

Short history on my mom. Very easy to take advantage of. Enabler.

Okay, so my brother has been in DC since last September protesting everything and anything Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell. He texted my mom to tell her that he's coming home. With the state of things, they cannot assemble to protest, so he has to come back. In all likelihood, the people he's staying with have gotten fed up and finally kicked his ass out. Anyway, not the point. He plans to take a bus home from an area that is basically a hot spot.

My mom frequently has bronchitis, and she has chronic heart disease. My stepdad has an extremely low white blood cell count and lung issues. I told her that she shouldn't pick him up from the bus terminal, and that he should not be allowed in their door for at least two weeks. She said that she's going to "have him get tested" when he gets home. I don't think she realizes that tests are in limited supply, so he can't get tested "just because," or that, even if he could and it's negative, he could be a carrier for at least two weeks. She said that my stepdad is pretty nervous, and I'm thinking, "Uh...duh." In order to try to deter her from letting him in, I told her that she would not be allowed to come over for at least three weeks after he gets back. Not sure if that's going to work or not. I am going to protect my house, though.

Anyway, my boyfriend suggested seeing if there's a weekly rental or shelter somewhere near my mom's house that he could stay in for a couple of weeks after he gets back. I don't know much about those places, so I have no clue what's available. I wasn't even thinking about that, so he's being nicer than I am. I was thinking a cardboard box and a bucket in the woods somewhere...lol.

Just worried about my mom. I seriously doubt she puts her foot down about him staying there. Just pissed that my brother, who has no issue being homeless and panhandling, would think this is a good time to come home. I do not see how the two of us came from the same parents.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.