Thread: Movies and TV The New Top Gear UK
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #36
MVP

I loved it. Two of the comedic bits felt flat for me, but I though the rest was great. The commentary from "the American" felt forced. Not really a fan. I thought the French commentary with Jeremy controlling the subtitles bit was funny. Anyone have the real translation? The audience participation also felt over the top and stiff.

The rest of the show is making me consider a 4k TV. The beginning as Jeremy gets joined by Hammond and May in the Mustangs almost had me tearing up. No idea how many hours my son and I have spent watching and talking about this show. Forgot how much I missed that.

Several parts of the montage look hilarious. The game of Battleship and what appeared to be a rif on SpaceX look like old school Top Gear. And Jeremy's "carcass mobile"? WTF was that? lol

EDIT:
So found a translation here if anyone is interested (https://www.reddit.com/r/thegrandtou...belgium_pilot/).

Quote:
So we will start with the Porsche. The easiest to drive; very neutral and a lot of grip in the slow corners. Very good traction. You're very comfortable straight away - you only need 2 or 3 laps to get the confidence.
The Ferrari is magnificent with a very neutral balance. Between the three it's a very good compromise. It gives you confidence straight away.
The McLaren is, I think, the hardest to drive. Very easy to make a mistake - it's a big boy's car so you have to be careful. Not easy to do a lap. I think it's a little less efficient.

Last edited by unlurking; 11-19-2016 at 10:06 AM..
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.