View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #309
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
If that's the case then Houston absolutely has to be cut after this season, or at least have his contract renegotiated. You can't pay $20 million for a linebacker who doesn't rush the passer.
I don't think that's even a question. Of course he needs to be released or take a significant paycut.

The guy may find a second wind and make me look like an asshole, but the dude I saw last year and for the first 2 games of this season is probably more efficiently used in space.

If you look at Houston as the traditional "SAM" linebacker, you're probably about right. I have always felt that the SAM's responsibilities center on effectively setting the edge and being capable in coverage. The WILL, OTOH, has a little more freedom to operate being on the weak side; can freelance a bit more and make plays so you look for a guy with more pass-rush ability there because the secondary weaknesses are as easily exploited.

Sutton treats Houston like a traditional SAM and Ford like a traditional WILL. Given their respective strength's and weaknesses, that's probably the way to go.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote