View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Unfortunately, yes I see it die if out eventually. Myself I only go watch blockbusters.
A $20 billion dollar+ industry isn't going to die any time soon, if ever.

Nothing can replace the theater experience and with movies like the new Avatar series being available in glasses-free 3D, more people will flock to the theaters than ever before.

The Top 33 movies of 2017 earned $100 million dollars or more. I don't know if that meets your personal "blockbuster" threshold but there's no way those films would have earned that kind of money (or have been made) if they were distributed on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.

Quote:
The middle tier ‘adult movies’ feel like they are being phased out or relegated to cable and streaming services
This is because those movies don't earn at the box office. They eat up theater space and don't result in huge concession sales, either.

Quote:
It feels like everything is going to get consolidated at some point. Basically just Disney, Netflix and Amazon
Well, that's definitely not happening.

Universal, Sony and Warner Brothers all have excellent distribution networks and more and more production companies are popping up each year thanks to Private Equity firms investing in film. The Chinese are investing in Hollywood films, too.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.