View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 08:49 PM   #80
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
the lateral just isn’t done in the NFL. Too much risk of something going wrong. But, what if you get a guy that laterals many times a game on your team?
To me I feel that any team that truly mastered lateral plays would shred defensive schemes and run up points quickly.

If there is a significant aerodynamic difference between an NFL football and a rugby football then this might diminish my next point but my view on laterals is that nfl players don’t use a throwing technique that has any consistent accuracy as they mostly push the ball with one arm or wildly fling it as if it’s a bomb about to explode in their hand. The underarm two handed pass swinging through from shoulder through elbows pointing to where your throw target is is a much more robust technique for powerful and accurate passes.

Granted the amount of times it was a good call to attempt it might be too low to invest the time in upskilling all your players to be able to do it but in tight finish it might be a real difference maker.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote