View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #122
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I love Mahomes but I didn't see that at all. Mahomes showed a better improv skill, without question. But on Brays deep ball that was called back, he placed it perfectly. Meanwhile Mahomes underthrew his by 3 yards and took an easy TD off the board. Mahomes made the move first down throw for 14 yards or so but it wasn't better than Brays back shoulder throw.

The difference in their games was literally 1 foot. If Mahomes misses that throw to Kemp by even a little and it's picked and Bray gets his ball down on third just a little bit, everything is viewed differently.

Now, that foot matters a TON in terms of outcomes, but is it truly predictive? I don't think it is.

I want Mahomes as the 2, don't get me wrong. I'm just puzzled to come back from the game, check CP and learn that folks think Mahomes was great and Bray was shattered ass. I didn't see nearly the separation there and was actually encouraged by both of them.
My biggest problem with bray is that he has been able to make wow throws since his first year at Tennessee. That is where it ends. He still shows the same exact tendencies to make dumbshit decisions 7 years later. He has not progressed at all since his sophomore season at Tennessee. Its only the first pre season game, so I wont read too much into it if Mahomes doesnt take his spot this week. But i fully expect Bray to be either third on the depth chart/or off of this team by week 1.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.