View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #2586
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Just curious but where was your cancer specifically?

Have you gotten back to eating full time?
Felt 2 bumps under my jaw where the lymph nodes are. kinda like a shelled peanut under the skin. They were fluid filled cysts inside the lymph nodes. Biopsy said fluid was clear but cyst tissue was squamous carcinoma. They did radical neck dissection and removed many lymph nodes and then they used robotics and expecting more cancer to be at the base of tongue and tonsil area, they took tissues from those areas but no cancer was found. (to their surprise). Radiation soon followed and ended about 5 months ago. Today I`m transitioning to solid food but Im still about 2/3rds liquid diet. I`m getting alot of my taste buds back but have almost no saliva to swallow solid foods. I need to sip water or milk with every bite I take of anything solid. A little while ago I ate a handful of peanuts and chewed and chewed and chewed....then I blew out a cloud of peanut dust in the air lol. Doctors say most folks have up to a 9 month window post radiation of getting taste buds and saliva glands back. After 9 months, they say basically that is all I`m likely to get back. I`m grateful I have a few more months to go before the window closes.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.