Thread: Poop Raider is teh ghey
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 02:45 AM   #49
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
No, it hasn't been said. WTF?
I am just saying that a player coming out as gay could put the team in an uncomfortable position if they were to cut him.

The implication would be that he was cut because he was gay, even if that's not the reason. Social media, especially Twitter, could start targeting the team, head coach, etc. in several different ways in retaliation for what they could consider bigotry and homophobia.

They could even target team sponsors like Coke or Pepsi, etc. Look at the pressure put on companies that did business in Georgia after the voter suppression bill was passed.

I am not saying it would be right, but I can see a team keeping that player on the roster just to avoid any possible backlash, at least for a week or two.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote